Energy Conservation Survey
An Energy Conservation Survey was performed. The total estimated annualized savings opportunities identified during the survey totaled $24,790.
The following primary opportunities were identified and may be accomplished through utilization of facility maintenance resources:
• Reduction of compressed air leaks;
• Elimination of lighting;
• Performance of electrical rate analysis;
• Elimination of energized idle equipment; and
• Implementation of an energy conservation program.
The following additional opportunities were identified which will require capital investment:
• Installation of metering on boiler systems;
• Installation of level control feed valve to increase make-up water temperature;
• Installation of blow down heat recovery;
• Insulation of exposed steam pipes;
• Insulation of condensate return pipes;
• Repair of steam traps;
• Modification of lighting;
• Elimination of heat loss from hot water system tank 1;
• Installation of variable speed drive on city water booster pump; and
• Implementation of data management and system optimization.
The energy survey included a comprehensive review of the utilities supplied to the facility as well as a review of the major processes.
The Client's facility was an industrial laundry for uniforms and napery goods. Processes in the facility included sorting, counting, washing, and pressing. The primary equipment included: counting stations, washers, ironers, and a steam tunnel. Energy utilization for the facility included natural gas, compressed air, water, and electricity.
The review of energy opportunities included a compressed air generation and distribution system evaluation, steam generation and distribution systems evaluation, hot water system evaluation, lighting evaluation, and a facility walk-through to identify other energy saving opportunities.