Energy Conservation Survey
An Energy Conservation Survey was performed. The total estimated annualized savings opportunities identified during the survey totaled $118,900.
The following primary opportunities were identified and may be accomplished through utilization of plant maintenance resources:
• Reduction of compressed air leaks;
• Reduction of steam leaks;
• Elimination of lighting;
• Performance of electrical rate analysis;
• Repair of spray heads in air washer;
• Repair of chilled water leak;
• Elimination of energized idle equipment; and
• Implementation of an energy conservation program.
The following additional opportunities were identified which will require capital investment:
• Installation of metering on boiler systems;
• Installation of ductwork to capture boiler combustion air from ceiling;
• Installation of automatic blow down control;
• Installation of blow down heat recovery;
• Improvement to condensate return fraction to boiler;
• Installation of linkage less burner;
• Installation of economizer;
• Insulation of exposed steam pipes;
• Insulation of condensate return pipes;
• Repair of steam traps;
• Modification of lighting;
• Improvements to wastewater reclamation system operation; and
• Implementation of data management and system optimization.
The energy survey included a comprehensive review of the utilities supplied to the plant as well as a review of the major processes.
The Client's plant was a dyeing, finishing, boarding, knitting, packing, and distribution facility for hosiery products. The primary equipment included: Washex and Cubotex dye machines, dryers, boarders, circular knit machines, slitters, and various packaging lines. Energy utilization for the plant included natural gas, fuel oil No. 2, steam, compressed air, water, and electricity.
The review of energy opportunities included a compressed air generation and distribution system evaluation, steam generation and distribution systems evaluation, hot water system evaluation, lighting evaluation, and a plant walk-through to identify other energy saving opportunities.