Energy Conservation Survey
An Energy Conservation Survey was performed The total savings opportunities identified during the survey were $664,425.
The following primary opportunities were identified and may be accomplished through utilization of plant maintenance resources:
• Reduction of compressed air leaks;
• Reduction of steam leaks;
• Elimination of lighting;
• Performance of electrical rate analysis;
• Reduction or elimination of biological additives to the wastewater treatment system;
• Elimination of energized idle equipment; and
• Implementation of an energy conservation program.
The following additional opportunities were identified which will require capital investment:
• Replacement/repair of make-up water meters on boilers;
• Separation of power supplies to utility equipment;
• Repair/Installation of deareator tank;
• Installation of ductwork to capture boiler combustion air from ceiling;
• Installation of automatic blow down control;
• Installation of blow down heat recovery;
• Improvement to condensate return fraction to boiler;
• Insulation of exposed steam pipes;
• Insulation of condensate return pipes;
• Implementation of tenter exhaust humidity control;
• Modification of lighting;
• Installation of water recycle system on Washer #1;
• Improvements to wastewater reclamation system operation;
• Implementation of dissolved oxygen control at WWTP; and
• Implementation of data management and system optimization.
The energy survey included a comprehensive review of the utilities supplied to the plant as well as a review of the major processes.
The Client's plant was a dyeing, coating, printing, and finishing facility. The primary equipment included dye jigs, dye jets, tenter frames, wash ranges, coating ranges, print ranges, and inspection frames. Energy utilization for the plant included propane, fuel oil, steam, compressed air, water, and electricity.
The review of energy opportunities included a compressed air generation and distribution system evaluation, steam generation and distribution systems evaluation, wastewater treatment plant review, hot water system evaluation, lighting evaluation, and a plant walk-through to identify other energy saving opportunities.