Energy Conservation Survey
An Energy Conservation Survey was performed. The total estimated annualized savings opportunities identified during the survey totaled $383,100.
The review of energy opportunities included a compressed air generation and distribution system
evaluation, steam generation and distribution systems evaluation, hot water system evaluation,
lighting evaluation, and a plant walk-through to identify other energy saving opportunities.
The following primary opportunities were identified and may be accomplished through utilization of plant maintenance resources:
• Reduction of compressed air leaks;
• Maintain higher condensate return fraction;
• Reduction of steam leaks;
• Bypass feed water pre-heater;
• Separate conditioned areas from non-conditioned areas;
• Elimination of energized idle equipment;
• Elimination of lighting;
• Performance of electrical rate analysis;
• Schedule batch operations on off-peak hours; and
• Implementation of an energy conservation program.
The following additional opportunities were identified which will require capital investment:
• Installation of automatic blow down control;
• Insulation of condensate return tank;
• Insulation of exposed steam pipes;
• Utilization of ceiling air for boiler combustion;
• Repair of steam traps;
• Installation of an economizer on thermal oil heaters;
• Installation of dissolved oxygen control in aeration basin;
• Installation of HVAC enthalpy control;
• Replacement of cooling tower;
• Optimization of hot water system controls;
• Insulation and covering of reclaimed cooling water tank;
• Installation of dye house wastewater heat reclamation system;
• Installation of tenter humidity control;
• Modification of lighting; and
• Implementation of data management and system optimization.