Energy Conservation Survey
An Energy Conservation Survey was performed. The total estimated annualized savings opportunities identified during the survey totaled $2,846,800.
With regard to the three opportunities identified from recovery of heat and water associated with dyeing operations, the savings overlap to some degree and are not therefore mutually exclusive. While the stated savings from any one opportunity is valid, implementing any two or all three opportunities would impact negatively the stated total savings. A similar situation exists regarding savings opportunities identified from recovery of heat and water associated with the boilers.
The following primary opportunities were identified and may be accomplished through utilization of plant maintenance resources:
• Reduction of compressed air leaks;
• Improvement in condensate return fraction;
• Reduction of steam leaks;
• Elimination of energized idle equipment;
• Elimination of lighting;
• Development and implementation of lighting plan;
• Performance of electrical rate analysis;
• Development of a formal energy tracking system; and
• Implementation of an energy conservation program.
The following additional opportunities were identified which will require capital investment:
• Improvement of metering in boiler house;
• Installation of automatic blow down control;
• Installation of blow down heat recovery;
• Repair of economizers on oil/gas boilers;
• Optimization of boiler controls;
• Insulation of exposed steam pipes;
• Recovery of water and heat from jet beck cooling;
• Recovery of heat from Range 1 extractor;
• Recovery of heat from plant effluent;
• Installation of dryer humidity control;
• Modification of lighting; and
• Implementation of data management and system optimization.